This is undoubtedly one of my favorite simple dinner recipes. The kids LOVE to mix up their wraps with guacamole, so be sure to have some kid friendly options on hand. Of course, some kids like Sriracha…mine do not. PLEASE NOTE: This recipe is directly from the Venice Nutrition website, of which I am a huge fan. If you’d like more details about WHY I love Venice Nutrition, feel free to email or pm me and I’d be happy to share.
- fat-free cooking spray, as needed
- 1 slice turkey bacon
- 1 whole-grain, low-carbohydrate wrap (look for a wrap with approximately 17 grams of carbs and less than 3 grams of fat per wrap) or whole wheat bread, depending on your personal meal plan and nutritional parameters
- ½ tablespoon light mayonnaise
- Sriracha sauce (a hot chili sauce found in the international aisle at your favorite supermarket), to taste
- 3 ½ ounces deli Boar’s Head turkey breast, lean, low sodium
- romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 slices tomato
- 4 slices cucumber
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray and cook turkey bacon until crisp. Drain cooked bacon on a paper towel.
- In the meantime, toast wheat bread. Combine low-fat mayonnaise with enough Sriracha sauce to achieve desired heat (because Sriracha sauce is very spicy, it’s best to add only a drop or two at a time).
- Spread spicy mayo on wrap or deli flat
- Add turkey, turkey bacon, lettuce, tomato, and cucumber slices to wrap and roll up. Enjoy.